Investment Advisor(s) and Branch Management Team
MTL - 034
We are seeking an individual to join our team in the Montreal/pointe-Claire office. As an Associate Investment Advisor the incumbent will contribute to grow the business by working closely with the Investment Advisor(s) to help manage their portfolios, developing new business, and ensuring high-level client service. The candidate will also execute tax planning with or without the tax and estate team. Leading working conditions are offered like working from home.
Duties & Responsibilities
Investment Advisor Support:
- Prepare investment policy statements, portfolio evaluations, financial plans, retirement projections, client commentaries/reviews and investment proposals.
- Prepare the tax plan with my nextGen tool.
- Prospect new clients on the phone, face to face and with social media is a must.
- Manage the execution of New Issue recommendations and transactions on behalf of the Advisor
- Assist in research, analysis, asset mix decisions, and investment product selection with an anticipatory mindset
- Implement changes to portfolios by trading equity, fixed income and money market securities
- Identify new business development opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue through client prospecting, acquisition and COI networking
- Prospecting clients with cold calls, cold walks in participating in a corporate event, or fundraising and prospecting with social media such as LinkedIn is optional.
- Identify opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base such as referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc.
- Deliver a superior client experience in assisting clients with day to day requests and ongoing proactive service calls
- Assist with regular client communication such as websites, newsletters, and client events
- Adhere to all firm and regulatory policies by remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to a client’s account and ensuring that any client interaction is accurately documented
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the financial services industry and/or business development. (optional)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and french
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations and knowledge of back office procedures
- Excellent understanding of financial products (Equities, Fixed Income, mutual funds, preferred shares, options etc.)
- The ability to build relationships within a sales and entrepreneurial environment
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles as well as modeling skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs
- An undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Business/Economics or a related field
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
- Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as a Registered Representative
- Financial planner
- Insurance an advantage