Risk & Compliance
CPL – 080
The Credit Officer works with a small tight knit team of other Credit professionals to monitor, review, and approve daily retail credit requests and transactions submitted by the Advisor Teams, ensuring compliance with Regulatory requirements and Firm policies, and while avoiding unreasonable risk that may result in financial losses.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Credit Officer reviews, approves, and/or administers:
- Cheque/EFT withdrawals and Wire transfers, including on margin
(within approved limits);
- Third party payments;
- Security withdrawals;
- Capital calls;
- Delivery or Receive Against Payment (DAP / RAP) transactions;
- Stock options or warrants exercise;
- Charitable donations;
- Journal entries (i.e. moving cash and/or securities between accounts);
- Write offs;
- Interest adjustments;
- Daily delinquent cash account reporting and supervision;
- Daily short reporting and supervision.
Skills & Qualifications
- A good understanding of the Securities Industry (relevant job experience or completion of the Canadian Securities Course will be considered;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word;
- Experience with Dataphile is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or relevant job experience;