The Network Engineer role is to support the stable operation of the internal corporate computer network. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems. Investigating faults in the network and arranging scheduled upgrades/fixes
• Identifying, designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks providing documentations
• Perform capacity planning for network infrastructure.
• Participate in product selection, evaluation, and deployment of emerging technologies.
• Work to implement tools to facilitate further automation.
• Responsible for developing, enhancing, and executing security operations processes, provides real-time security analysis, incident response.
• Respond to incoming calls, alarms and e-mails regarding client data and voice issues, client change requests.
• Network performance and quality, system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
• Building relationships and working collaboratively to identify solutions and resolve variance from product/application specifications.
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum 5 year of hands-on experience
• Ability to understand the environment through configuration/design and provide documentation. Strong troubleshooting experience is required
• Working experience with Enterprise Campus and Datacenter networks: 3 tier and spine and leaf architectures
• Experience with network firewalls, routers, switches, NAC, and Wi-Fi
• Hands-on experience with protocols: BGP, OSPF (multi-area), IPSEC VPN (static and dynamic)
• Experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting the following technologies is desirable
• Cisco ISE, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyser, ADVPN, SDWAN, Cisco switches (Catalyst and Nexus), VSS, FHRP, vPC, 802.1x, 802.1q,802.3ad, Radius, QoS, SNMP
• Experience in coding languages and Linux/Unix services would be an asset
• Experience using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Solarwinds
• Fortinet NSE, Cisco CCNP/CCIE or other network certifications highly desirable
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
• The ability to multi-task and be a good team player
- A college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 5 years equivalent work experience