The Operational Services Representative is a key member of the Operations Services Team supporting front-to-back-office process workflows, fulfilling operational requests, resolving complex operational issues, and providing a high level of service to our advisor teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process transactions and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis
- Review, coordinate and/or approve all requests sent in by advisors to ensure they are in good order prior to processing through clearing broker
- Coordinate collection and distribution of information to Advisors for items processed internally and / or on behalf of vendors
- Continuously monitor performance and deliver on operational KPIs
- Provide technical support to guide and support operational escalations and address any questions or concerns
- Adhere and execute to best practices and drive continuous improvement by Identifying, suggest and actively participating in process improvements
- Take a proactive approach to client solutions, collaborating effectively with partners and colleagues to assess customer needs and deliver appropriate solutions
- Help with ad-hoc projects when needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Team player, displays passion and an appropriate sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Very thorough and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Uses sound judgment and exercises strong decision-making skills
- Comfortable with technology including MS Office suite, web-based platforms
- Experience using Dataphile an asset but not required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in financial services, preferably within brokerage or wealth management
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) completed preferred
- Post secondary education in business or a related discipline, or an appropriate combination of education and experience required.